Day 1 Seattle to Olympia

SOFAUS Day 1 Complete!

I made it to my friend Nikki’s place in Olympia. I am grateful for their hospitality especially as we negotiate the trailing off of COVID running our lives.

I also saw my friend Steve on Vashon. He’s 85 and had a bout of COVID. It was mild so that’s major relief.


I also got bakery #1 visited: Vashon Island Baking Compay. I got a maple bar and coffee.


It was rainy, rainy, rainy until about 4 or 5 pm. My tracking app crashed again. If it crashes again I’ll switch to different software.


My raingear held up very well. I was not dry but not soaking wet either. The rain gave me something to focus on. You can listen to the sound on your helmet. Free entertainment!


At the end of the day I had dinner at the Spar Cafe where I met Joe and Heidi and their kids and new puppy. We had the briefest of chat, but it was a great chat so I worked up my courage to ask if we could snap a photo together. They were game!


HIghlights were taking not one, but two ferries and watching the sun finally come out.

There are two ride videos with a weird jump from Fauntleroy to Vashon Center and gap between the videos because of the tracker crash. I’ll post a map of the whole route based on a reconstruction.

First map/video - https://www.relive.cc/view/vJOKpNpJrw6

Second - https://www.relive.cc/view/vxOQoxQA1Mq

Complete route map - 68  miles but 5.5 were ferry - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/39442913


Comments

  1. that is Super TJ .. it was a real honor to see you off on Sunday AM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cross Country Bike Ride Reboot

Seattle to Lead

D13 Omaha to Iowa